At digitalminds.io we give businesses access to the best freelance Software Developers, IT-Consultants and Digital Experts. As trusted advisors, we consult and support companies on how to build new digital businesses, how to create and expand markets, and how to develop new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
Meet your new team
Our international team is fully committed to provide an exceptional service on every front. With experts in IT, Business Consulting an HR Management, we are at the core of where tech meets people - and making the best of it! We are here to support you every step of the way while working on a project and beyond. From career and tech coaching to promoting your blogs and helping you share your knowledge - we are passionated about supporting YOUR passion.
Join us as a Freelance Data Engineer. We are looking for you -- someone who’s working proactively, is customer-focused, and has a can-do attitude. You understand what it takes to reliably deliver professional services, you have a high level of self-motivation, the ability to take own initiatives, and the ownership of your work. Moreover, you have strong social and communication skills and consider integrity, trustworthiness and persistence part of your core values. With us, you’ll solve problems both independently and in teams. You pay attention to detail and have outstanding organisational skills. Furthermore, you can multitask, prioritise, be pragmatic where needed and don’t settle until your job is done in time and quality.
- Translate data into actionable insights, reports, and visuals.
- Consult customers on (technical) feasibility of their reporting requirements
- Build scalable, highly performant infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from a variety of raw data sources.
- Build and optimize data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Extract, transform, load, merge, analyse and visualize data across various sources.
- Perform root cause analysis to answer business questions and identify opportunities improvement.
- Define, deliver and continuously optimize reports and visuals to maximize business insights.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering, Data Analytics, or a related field
- Experience with ETL processes (e.g., using AWS Stitch Data)
- Full proficiency with SQL and NoSQL across various databases
- Full proficiency with MS Power BI, Qlik Sense, Tableau, or a related solution
- Solid business acumen and understanding of industry KPIs (e.g., in eCommerce)
- Working experience with cloud infrastructures (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) is a big plus
- Working experience with Python, R, .NET, Matlab are a big plus
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), fluency in German is a plus
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with agile software development processes (Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
- Ability to manage customer requirements, expectations and project scope
- Passion for quality, reliability, and deliver what you committed
- Experience in working remotely and with B2B contracts
- Willingness to contribute to the digitalminds.io community
- Registration as a freelancer/enterpreneuer *Residence in Europe
- Get access to exciting remote projects of renown startups and corporates
- Work with latest tech-stacks and technologies
- Join a community of professionals that support each other during and beyond projects
- Get exclusive invitations to local events, meetup, and talks
- Get support to become a professional freelancer
- Build your personal brand (e.g,. by blogging with us)