At digitalminds.io we give businesses access to the best freelance Software Developers, IT-Consultants and Digital Experts. As trusted advisors, we consult and support companies on how to build new digital businesses, how to create and expand markets, and how to develop new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
Meet your new team
Our international team is fully committed to provide an exceptional service on every front. With experts in IT, Business Consulting an HR Management, we are at the core of where tech meets people - and making the best of it! We are here to support you every step of the way while working on a project and beyond. From career and tech coaching to promoting your blogs and helping you share your knowledge - we are passionated about supporting YOUR passion.
Join us as Freelance Java Developer and build high-quality Java web applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. You’ll be responsible for design and development of these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore solid knowledge of Java, Java MVC frameworks and modern web technologies in general is necessary.
Our ideal candidate is reliable, fully committed, shares our passion for high-quality work and is looking for a professional remote freelance setup.
- Develop reusable, testable and efficient Java code
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Collaborate with other team members
- Manage the project and customer’s requirements
Skills & Qualifications
- Expert in Java and its ecosystem with 5+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with concepts of RESTful, MVC and JDBC
- Ability to design and structure a Java EE based back end architecture using JPA/Hibernate
- Experience in developing in Eclipse environment with Maven and SVN
- Knowledge about accessibility, security compliance and user authentication
- Experience setting up and deploying staging/production environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Experience with agile software development processes (Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
- Ability to manage customer requirements, expectations and project scope
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Get access to exciting remote projects of renown startups and corporates
- Work with latest tech-stacks and technologies
- Join a community of professionals that support each other during and beyond projects
- Get exclusive invitations to local events, meetup, and talks
- Get support to become a professional freelancer
- Build your personal brand (e.g,. by blogging with us)