At digitalminds.io we give businesses access to the best freelance Software Developers, IT Consultants and Digital Experts. As trusted advisors, we consult and support companies on how to build new digital businesses, how to create and expand markets, and how to develop new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
Meet your new team
Our international team is fully committed to provide an exceptional service on every front. With experts in IT, Business Consulting and HR Management, we are at the core of where tech meets people - and making the best of it! We are here to support you every step of the way while working on a project and beyond. From career and tech coaching to promoting your blogs and helping you share your knowledge - we are passionated about supporting YOUR passion.
Join us as a Freelance Python Web Developer responsible for building fully-fledged web experiences on behalf of our clients. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring low-latency and responsive access to data by the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application, hence a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Our ideal candidate is reliable, fully committed, shares our passion for high-quality work and is looking for a professional remote freelance setup.
What you'll be responsible for
- Develop reusable, testable, maintainable and idiomatic Python code
- Develop new product features or enhance existing code for database, web and/or various scripting solutions
- Work on security and data protection when needed
- Define, build, evolve and refactor software architectures and specifications
- Collaborate with frontend, backend developers and product managers
- Conceptualise your customer’s requirements and document and develop solutions
- Interact with clients on a daily basis and advise them on technical features
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of Python and hands-on experience with at least one major web framework (Django, Flask)
- Familiarity with your frameworks ecosystem: ORMs, templating, database wrappers, NumPy, Pandas, ..
- Proven experience in delivering scalable, high quality and secure REST and/or SOAP APIs to third party clients including documentation (Swagger, ...)
- Understanding of Python concurrency solutions and limitations, including asynchronous programming
- Knowledge about accessibility, security compliance and user authentication and authorization
- Experience with setting up and deploying staging/production environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalability
- Strong unit testing, debugging and profiling skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with agile software development processes (Scrum, continuous integration, automatic deployment, etc.)
- Ability to manage customer requirements, expectations and project scope
- Passion for quality, reliability, and delivering what you committed to
- Experience in working remotely and with B2B contracts
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), fluency in German is a plus
- Willingness to contribute to the digitalminds.io community
- Registration as a freelancer
- Residence in Europe
What we offer you
- Get access to exciting remote projects of renown startups and corporates
- Long-term projects (min. 1 months)
- Work with latest tech-stacks and technologies
- Join a community of professionals that support each other during and beyond projects
- Get exclusive invitations to local events, meetup, and talks
- Get support to become a professional freelancer
- Build your personal brand (e.g,. by blogging with us)