At digitalminds.io we give businesses access to the best freelance Software Developers, IT-Consultants and Digital Experts. As trusted advisors, we consult and support companies on how to build new digital businesses, how to create and expand markets, and how to develop new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
Meet your new team
Our international team is fully committed to provide an exceptional service on every front. With experts in IT, Business Consulting an HR Management, we are at the core of where tech meets people - and making the best of it! We are here to support you every step of the way while working on a project and beyond. From career and tech coaching to promoting your blogs and helping you share your knowledge - we are passionated about supporting YOUR passion.
Join us as a Freelance User-Experience Designer and be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will develop websites from scratch and/or enhance existing ones. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. By working closely with creative directors, designers, project managers, UX strategist, or other design team members you ensure a smooth process. Our ideal candidate is reliable, fully committed, shares our passion for high-quality work and is looking for a professional remote freelance setup.
Your key responsibilities are to guide the client through the web design process -- from gathering requirements to implement rock-solid, re-usable and clean code that works smoothly across devices and browsers. Thereby, you establish yourself as trusted advisor of our clients, by giving them guidance on technical architectures, tooling or design best practices. Further responsibilities include:
- Strong skills in Sketch, Photoshop inDesign, Gimp, Sketch, InvsionApp, or similar applications.
- Build and edit graphic designs for websites.
- Translate images, mockups and wireframes from a graphic designer into HTML themes.
- Recommend, develop and implement robust style guides for the products you are building.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups and PSD files for user testing and development.
- Consult client on how to create new corporate identities and brands and how to convey them cohesively with a web page.
- Present your work to customers and implement their feedback.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field or significant equivalent experience.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of UI / UX experience as well as a thorough knowledge of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or a comparable qualification as well as corresponding project portfolio
- Experience in prototyping, the visualization of ideas and concepts (digital and analog) as well as in the design of digital solutions
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Experience with agile software development processes (Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Get access to exciting remote projects of renown startups and corporates
- Work with latest tech-stacks and technologies
- Join a community of professionals that support each other during and beyond projects
- Get exclusive invitations to local events, meetup, and talks
- Get support to become a professional freelancer
- Build your personal brand (e.g,. by blogging with us)