At digitalminds.io we give businesses access to the best freelance Software Developers, IT Consultants and Digital Experts. As trusted advisors, we consult and support companies on how to build new digital businesses, how to create and expand markets, and how to develop new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
Meet your new team
Our international team is fully committed to provide an exceptional service on every front. With experts in IT, Business Consulting and HR Management, we are at the core of where tech meets people - and making the best of it! We are here to support you every step of the way while working on a project and beyond. From career and tech coaching to promoting your blogs and helping you share your knowledge - we are passionated about supporting YOUR passion.
Join us as a Freelance User-Experience Designer and be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into personas, sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You can understand business needs and technical requirements at a fundamental level. You will develop web and mobile apps from scratch and/or enhance existing ones. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. By working closely with creative directors, designers, project managers, developers UX strategists or other design team members you ensure a smooth process.
Our ideal candidate is reliable, fully committed, shares our passion for high-quality work and is looking for a professional remote freelance setup.
What you'll be responsible for
- Translate concepts and requirements into wireframes, user flows and prototypes that capture intuitive user experiences
- Doing research, mocking, user testing and prototyping of digital products on behalf of clients.
- Identify design problems and solve them by rapidly testing and iterating on your designs
- Recommend, develop and implement robust style guides for the products you are building.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups and PSD files for user testing and development.
- Consult client on how to create new corporate identities and brands and how to convey them cohesively with digital products
- Present your work to customers and implement their feedback.
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of UX design experience as well as a thorough knowledge of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or a comparable qualification as well as corresponding portfolio
- Experience in prototyping the visualization of ideas and concepts (digital and analog) as well as in the design of digital solutions
- Experience in working with clients to gather and understand requirements in-depth
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Strong understanding of UX design best practices, responsive and mobile-first design
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Experience with agile software development processes (Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Ability to talk to stakeholders, project managers, other designers and developers
- Passion for quality, reliability, and delivering what you committed to
- Experience in working remotely and with B2B contracts
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), fluency in German is a plus
- Willingness to contribute to the digitalminds.io community
- Registration as a freelancer
- Residence in Europe
What we offer you
- Get access to exciting remote projects of renown startups and corporates
- Work with latest tech-stacks and technologies
- Join a community of professionals that support each other during and beyond projects
- Get exclusive invitations to local events, meetup, and talks
- Get support to become a professional freelancer
- Build your personal brand (e.g,. by blogging with us)